Click to access each publication and each media article. If you would like to read a paper, but can’t access it, please email me and I’d be happy to send a copy for your personal use. Click here for resources.
Carter, A.J., Croft, A., Lukas, D., Sandstrom, G.M. (2018). Women’s visibility in academic seminars: women ask fewer questions than men. PLoS ONE.
- Pre-print: https://arxiv.org/abs/1711.10985
- Data available publically at: https://edmond.mpdl.mpg.de/imeji/collection/XYQyxkvXOAClc33O
Selected Media Coverage
- BBC Radio 4, Woman’s Hour. Jan 3, 2019. “Cerrie Burnell, Elizabeth Warren, Holidays, Speaking up, Forced marriage” (starts at 9min20sec).
- The Conversation. Mar 29, 2018. “When men ask more questions: a glimpse of ordinary sexism in the academic world”
- Times Higher Education. Dec 12, 2017. “Men ‘much more likely to ask questions in seminars’ than women”
- The Economist. Dec 7, 2017. “Women ask fewer questions than men at seminars”